Low speed wind tunnel
v Type of tunnel : low speed, open circuit, suction type
v Test Section : 0.6m x 0.6 m x 1.2m long
v Test velocity range : up to 30m/s
v Contraction ratio : 9 :1
v Drive: Axial flow fan driven by AC motor with VFD controller, digital speed indicator and control unit, 7.5KW, 960RPM.
v Overall size : Length : 8.5m, Width : 1.2 m, Height : 2.5m
v Material of construction : wood
v Power requirement: 415V, 3ph, 50Hz.
v The tunnel does not need any civil works and is easily transportable for installation in any place of convenience.
v Installation and the commissioning of the tunnel will be carried out by our trained engineers
v Pre dispatch inspection is offered at our works.
1. Measurement of static and total pressure in wind tunnel.
2. Wind tunnel flow velocity calibrations by flow velocity and fan speed measurements
3. Surface pressure measurements on a symmetric aerofoil model and study of the effect of angle of incidence on pressure distribution
4. Lift, drag and pitching moment measurements on symmetric aerofoil model and study of the effect of angle of incidence.
5. Measurement of mean velocity distribution in the wake of a symmetric aerofoil model.
6. Smoke flow visualization studies on model of aerofoil, cylinder, flat plate, sphere, wedge etc.